Friday, April 15, 2011

Weekly Wonders - April #2

Well, I missed a week of wonders, but if you noticed that my only post last week was about migraines, you get the picture of what my week was like. Here are a few things I've come across this week that I wanted to share. Enjoy, and happy spring.

Beauty
Spring is coming and that means we're all fixing ourselves up after a long winter of covering up. Has everyone heard of Shellac manicures? My nail tech talked me into it one day, and I'm so glad I went for it. It is a special kind of polish that is dried and cured with quick stints under a UV light. It's the most amazing thing! The durability and wearability is the same as with acrylic or gel nails, minus the filing down of your own nails, minus mandatory return trips for refills, and minus the time. And unlike a regular manicure, your nails are instantly dry, as opposed to walking around like you're prepping for surgery for 24 hours. Check it out: Say Hello to Shellac - CND

Event
There is nothing I love more at Christmas than a local craft show, and by local, I DO NOT mean One of a Kind. Other than being an alternative to a trip to the mall, there is nothing there of any real interest. Anyway, it's been months since I've gone to a craft show, and it's not exactly spring here yet, so this sounds like a great way to spend an hour or two tomorrow: Creative Heart Collective Spring Craft Show. A $2 donation at the door goes to the Corsage Project, which is a local non-profit which aims to provide no charge formal attire Toronto high school girls who can not afford dresses.

Cooking
Fans of Heidi Watts of 101 Cookbooks are very excited about the publication of her second book, Super Natural Every Day. From the website: "Heidi helps us make nutritionally packed meals part of our daily repertoire by sharing a sumptuous collection of nearly 100 of her go-to recipes." Sounds great to me! She is also offering a PDF sampler of 6 recipes here. 


Decorating 
I'm still thinking about the colour scheme of the main floor in our home. We need light and bright. After 4 years of reds and golds, we need a makeover. I came across this home featured on Design Sponge, and I absolutely love this palette. Their home is more modern than my own, but I think this scheme works beautifully. 

No comments:

Post a Comment