Friday, July 30, 2010

Radio caca

Someone! Please! Remind me to never tune in to mainstream radio again. Check out the lyrics from this little gem that I just heard on WGAC Crap Radio or whatever I was listening to:

Just gonna stand there
And watch me burn
But that's alright
Because I like
The way it hurts
Just gonna stand there
And hear me cry
But that's alright
Because I love
The way you lie

Holy crap! It's from Eminem's Love The Way You Lie. Who likes the way something hurts? Who likes how someone lies? A doormat, that's who. I know, I know, it's just a song, right? So where does it come from, exactly? Where do the internalized messages and the self-loathing come from? What exactly is fueling the many girls and women in my life who continue to engage in brainless, damaging drama in their relationships?


Make no mistake: songs like these, and all pop-culture signposts like these, for that matter, are a key component of the steady junk food diet that continues to be fed to the brains of girls and women by the establishment. This diet ensures that the majority of those girls and women continue to allow themselves to be lied to and abused, and thereby crippled from reaching their full potential.

~~~~~~~~~~~~

"It's fun!"
"It's part of the attraction!"
"I can change them."
"I just want to be pretty."

These are my top four favorite lines that have been spoken to me and by me at various times in my life, in regards to relationships with difficult people at best, and abusive people at worst. Notice I said "people" and not "men,"  because I continue to be astounded by the abuse that women loving women allow in their relationships.

What can you do? You can shift your mindset, you can look for people who treat you well and walk away quickly from people who don't. It's really quite simple. Do not pretend to enjoy how someone lies to you or burns you because you are lonely or think it's normal. Don't let anyone push you into raising your limit for bullshit, don't dish out bullshit yourself, and we will all be just fine.

No comments:

Post a Comment