Thursday, October 22, 2009

The art of Yellena James

I just need to say that I am in love with this woman's art: http://yellena.com/

I was immediately attracted to her drawings, and at first, I thought I'd never seen anything like it, but I have: my own drawings. I've been drawing the same series of shapes for years, and never once considered them to have more potential than for doodling on scrap paper. When we were kids, our uncle would sometimes entertain us by having us draw some random lines on a piece of paper, which he would then turn into the most beautiful designs. I've carried that idea around for along time, and have developed a system of drawing abstract botanical images using the concept of starting from random lines. Now that I see Yellena's work, I am inspired to draw more, and to take some of my "doodles" to a whole new level. When I have some drawings that I'm happy with, I will post them here.

No comments:

Post a Comment