I've seen few recipes around for mini fritatta. I had a bunch of homemade croutons leftover from a salad I made yesterday, and I was trying to think up some new healthy breakfast ideas. So, here we have Mini Strattas.
If you're not familiar with Stratta, it is essentially a baked egg dish, with the addition of strips or cubes of bread and other ingredients bake in, such as spinach and cheese.
You can place a couple of these in a sandwich bag and microwave them quickly in the morning for a great, healthy breakfast.
1 dozen large, or 2 dozen small homemade croutons
1/2 cup chopped, softened sundried tomatoes
1/2 cup thawed frozen spinach
1 T dried chives
1. Preheat oven to 400 F.
2. Line a muffin pan with liners, or grease it using your preferred method.
3. Place 1 or 2 croutons in each muffin cup.
4. Fill cups 3/4 full with egg mixture and let sit for as long as you can. You could also do this the night before, store the pan in the fridge and bake the next morning.
5. Bake for 20 minutes or until egg is set and slightly browned on top.
6. Let cool slightly and serve, or let cool completely and store.