1 batch Quick Pizza Dough (or a store-bought, whole wheat pizza dough)
1 cup Quick Tomato Sauce (or whatever you like)
2 cups toppings, see below for ideas
1 cup grated cheese of your choice
Pre-heat your oven to 400.
1. Cut 1/4 of the dough from the ball and put it aside.
2. Roll the other piece of dough as thin as you can and drape it over a well oiled pie plate, leaving some to hang over the edges.
3. Spread a thin layer of sauce on the dough and put your toppings, and 3/4 of the grated cheese on top.
4. Roll the other piece of dough thinly and place on top of your pie.
5. Pinch the bottom piece of dough and the top piece of dough together, as you would a pie crust.
6. Cut a couple of small slits in the top of the pie.
7. Spread a thin layer of sauce on top of the pie, followed by the rest of the cheese.
8. Bake for about 40 minutes.
The possibilities for fillings are endless. Just be sure to cut everything small. I used the first idea last night:
- Roasted vegetables such as peppers, zucchini and onion, goat cheese.
- Crumbled, cooked sausage, artichoke hearts, provolone cheese.
- Chopped spinach, sundried tomatoes, mushrooms, feta cheese.
- Cooked, herbed ground beef, chopped tomatoes, sliced olives, mozzerella cheese.