To make enough quinoa to serve 4 people as a side, or to make a large salad:
1. Choose a large-ish pot with a tight fitting lid.
2. Place 2 cups of quinoa into the pot.
3. Cover with 3 cups of water.
4. Add about 1 T of boullion* powder, or 1 or 2 cubes to the pot.
5. Bring the pot to a rolling boil, cover with the lid, turn the heat off and leave it for a 20 minutes.
Quinoa is cooked when the grains have sort of a little "tail" and it still has a bit of bite to it.
*I have used vegan vegetable and vegan onion boullion for this, and both are excellent. You can find vegan boullion at most health food stores.