You don't see this very often, but it's great. I serve this with parboiled rice or, for a low carb / high fibre option, cooked quinoa.
1 lb stewing beef
1 small can coconut milk
4 T of your favourite curry powder
1 large onion
3 carrots, peeled and chopped
2 med. sized new potatos, peeled and chopped
1 can chick peas (optional - good option for stretching the meal)
3 cups water
1. Brown the stewing beef in a large skillet coated with olive oil.
2. Saute the onion until soft.
3. Add the curry powder, stir until the colour changes slightly.
4. Add the water and coconut milk and stir. Bring to boil.
5. Add carrots, potatoes and chick peas if using. Reduce heat to low and cover.
6. Cook as long as you long, not less than half an hour. The more time you have, the better it will be.