Saturday, May 23, 2009

Seeing green

Last Monday, I took the bus from Union Station up to Newmarket for a visit. As I was walking through the station I saw a man dressed as what I assume was a leprechaun. He was a middle-aged man, about 5 feet tall, with red hair a full beard. He was wearing emerald green shoes, socks, pants and shirt. He even wore an emerald green hat with a big yellow buckle on it. When I told mIy husband "I just saw a man dressed as a leprechaun he said "of course you did."
Later, while I was waiting for the bus, this man passed by, this time with a gigantic suitcase in tow, and this time, he winked at me. When I told my husband, he said "of course he did."

Maybe this man will one day read my blog, so just in case, here is a note for him.

Dear Mr. Leprechaun Man,

First, let me compliment you on your striking ensemble. Were it nearer to St. Patrick's Day you would be dismissed as simply another holiday reveller, but this far into spring, one can only assume you are, in fact, a leprechaun. I considered asking for a photo but I am not that familiar with leprechaun ettiquette and thought you may have found me rude. I'd like to say that I'm surprised to learn that leprchauns do not have faster, more convenient transportation options than the GO bus. Anyway, I hope you are enjoying your trip, which must be lengthy, given the size of your luggage. And thanks for the wink. You keep on winking, Mr. Leprechaun Man.

No comments:

Post a Comment