Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Chili Garlic Bok Choy with Bacon

Two things happened on my way home from work yesterday:
  1. I bought a giant bag of baby Bok Choy in Chinatown for $1.
  2. I remembered a bacon of great looking bacon defrosting in the fridge.
  3. I realized I had no plans for either Bok Choy or the bacon.
First, I decided to chop up and fry the bacon, and stick it in the freezer for some later purpose, such as a caesar salad. After I removed the cooked bacon and most of the fat I thought there would be a lot of flavour left in the pan, so I threw in the Bok Choy, which I'd already cleaned and chopped. With a few more ingredients, this dish was born. We both loved it and I will definitely make this again.

10-12 heads of baby Bok Choy, cleaned and chopped
3 strips of chopped bacon
3 T chopped chives
2 T chili garlic paste

  1. Fry the bacon until crisp and drain on paper towel.
  2. Remove most of the fat from the pan and discard.
  3. Reduce heat to medium and pile in the Bok Choy. Stir fry until slightly softened.
  4. Add the chives, chili garlic paste and stir.
  5. Let stand for a few minutes and serve.

No comments:

Post a Comment